Beth Phoenix Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beth: WWE's New "It" Girl?

4 posters

Go down

Beth: WWE's New "It" Girl? Empty Beth: WWE's New "It" Girl?

Post by SoleSmasher17 Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:55 pm

There are a couple of things that have been on my mind recently, do you think WWE see's Beth has their new "it" girl? At one point i thought it was gonna be Mickie, cuz it seemed like Trish "passed" her the torch but WWE just see's Mickie as a last resort, only giving her the belt when there isn't any other option and it always seems like Mickie is just holding the belt till they are ready to pass it back to the heel or face they want it on.

Then you have all the "models" who are turning into "wrestlers (Candice, Michelle, Kelly, Maryse etc.), everyone is always quick to say that "So and So is gonna be the next Trish" when most of all these girls don't have half of Trish's mic skills or charisma. Michelle and Candice for example are only comparable because they are now descent at best in the ring, but that's not what made Trish great, Trish at an early age could bump and sell like nobodies business whereas Candice and Michelle both don't know how to do it yet, i'm not even gonna get on their mic skills (both sound like nails on a chalkboard...no offense), and both severely lack charisma. Maryse has the charisma and the "look" but i feel her inability to speak proper English will hold her down for awhile and for some reason i don't think she will be a good face (Trish was good as both), Kelly has the likability that Trish had but she also lacks in the mic skills, acting, and charisma department.

Then we get to Beth, she has been pushed more than any diva in awhile, and there have been instances where when a new diva comes in and gets injured quickly they let them go, but they waited for Beth to get better and sent her back down to OVW just so she can work off her ring rust so that she would be ready to go when she got called back up, then while she was down there there where releases left and right (Angel Williams, Shantelle Taylor, Shelly Martinez, etc.) but they didn't release Beth (and im gonna be honest for a second...i thought they would get rid of Beth before Angel). She got brought back up and immediately pushed into the title picture but Candice got hurt and of course WWE's creative team didn't know what to do (when do they?) they tried to do something between her and Mickie but it just wasn't going anywhere, Candice came back and got re injured and messed up WWE's plans again so Beth was pushed into the Bunnymania crap, she then lost the belt to Mickie, and instead of just pushing Beth to the back they went out of their way to create a whole different feud between her and Melina which quickly was gaining fan chants and everything, they allowed the girls the ppv slot over the champion at One Night Stand and even let them compete in the first ever Diva's "I Quit" match (whereas last year when Beth wasn't around we got a pudding match), Melina got injured and that screwed up WWE's plans with Beth once again. Now Beth is paired with one of the most over heels in the WWE and an upper-midcard comedy heel who is guaranteed a spot on the show (so that means Beth is too) she has been interacting with main eventers left and right and even got to stand up to one in Batista, and when was the last time a diva got a storyline outside of her division? not since the Trish and Lita days, so i hope everyone see's what i see, and please tell me what you think.

...sorry for the long post lol.
SoleSmasher17
SoleSmasher17

Male
Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : Wrestling, Music, Extreme Sports, Playing 360/PS3, and MMA
Humor : Slapstick
Registration date : 2008-10-20

http://sir-rocky.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Beth: WWE's New "It" Girl? Empty Re: Beth: WWE's New "It" Girl?

Post by MyMuffinIsPimpin Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:40 pm

I think you have a point. Beth has gotten bigger pushes than any of the current divas. By now if it was Candice or Mickie we wouldn't even see them up her after having a title run already but Beth has been in the public eye for over a year now and gets a push after push. I think she is indeed the new "it" diva from what I've seen.
MyMuffinIsPimpin
MyMuffinIsPimpin
The Boss
The Boss

Female
Number of posts : 302
Job/hobbies : Hippie
Humor : I laugh at everything.
Registration date : 2008-10-14

https://www.youtube.com/mauricewillnotdie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoleSmasher17 Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Admin wrote:I think you have a point. Beth has gotten bigger pushes than any of the current divas. By now if it was Candice or Mickie we wouldn't even see them up her after having a title run already but Beth has been in the public eye for over a year now and gets a push after push. I think she is indeed the new "it" diva from what I've seen.

Exactly (I'm glad you agree with me), if Candice or Mickie (heck any diva right now) would have the title right now the title wouldn't be getting half the spotlight it is getting while around Beth's waist, and even after Beth loses the title she already has a built in storyline waiting for her in feuding with Santino and probably Roucka.

Last edited by SoleSmasher17 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add my sig)
SoleSmasher17
SoleSmasher17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bpglamazon91 Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:17 am

Agree.From the looks of things,it is obvious that the spotlights have been focusing on Beth,whether negatively or positively.Like you mentioned before,they are trying their best to push Beth to the top.

Perhaps they realized,that Beth is the top diva right now in WWE.
Or maybe they think Beth is capable of replacing Trish as the most distinguish and memorable female wrestler ever in WWE history.Beth is the new ray of light,she is the diamond of the new generation. Very Happy
bpglamazon91
bpglamazon91

Male
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miclena

Back to top Go down

Post by SoleSmasher17 Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:36 pm

bpglamazon91 wrote:Agree.From the looks of things,it is obvious that the spotlights have been focusing on Beth,whether negatively or positively.Like you mentioned before,they are trying their best to push Beth to the top.

Perhaps they realized,that Beth is the top diva right now in WWE.
Or maybe they think Beth is capable of replacing Trish as the most distinguish and memorable female wrestler ever in WWE history.Beth is the new ray of light,she is the diamond of the new generation. Very Happy

Agreed, I'm pretty sure WWE see's something in Beth that's really special.
SoleSmasher17
SoleSmasher17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Orichalon Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Honestly, I think Mickie is the new IT girl. Mickie hass already won the title as much as Lita has, and WWE loves Mickie. Beth is getting more pushes, but she's still behind in terms of winning the belt some # of times. I think Mickie will actually "pass the torch" to Beth, or Mickie will appear as the IT girl and the Beth will take her down while surpassing her as well!
Orichalon
Orichalon

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-11-09

https://www.youtube.com/blueorichalon

Back to top Go down

Post by SoleSmasher17 Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Orichalon wrote:Honestly, I think Mickie is the new IT girl. Mickie hass already won the title as much as Lita has, and WWE loves Mickie. Beth is getting more pushes, but she's still behind in terms of winning the belt some # of times. I think Mickie will actually "pass the torch" to Beth, or Mickie will appear as the IT girl and the Beth will take her down while surpassing her as well!

Yeah, i had mentioned that at the beginning of my post, i don't think WWE see's Mickie as their new "it" girl, yeah, she's won the belt more than any diva and she's won it in only 3 years, but you also have to look at it like this...all of Mickie's reigns (except the first one) were just her holding the title till they were ready to put it back on the heel or face they wanted it on, even during Mickie's first reign the spotlight wasnt on her it was on Melina and Trish, and each time after that Mickie has always been handed the title just so she can hold it till WWE would figure out who they really wanted to put it on, and Vince McMahon even said in an interview that he doesn't see Mickie as marketable (i dont agree, but thats what he said).
SoleSmasher17
SoleSmasher17

Male

Back to top Go down

Beth: WWE's New "It" Girl? Empty New it girl

Post by Orichalon Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:31 pm

Vince really said that about Mickie? I didn't know that! Huh, that's interesting. Hmm, the new it girl... Candice is favored by them, but i don't see them pushing her as much anymore. Maybe Beth is the new it girl! I don't know, I can't think of anyone else...
Orichalon
Orichalon

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-11-09

https://www.youtube.com/blueorichalon

Back to top Go down

Post by MyMuffinIsPimpin Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:11 am

I think Beth is indeed the it girl. If I was a promoter for WWE Beth would be the woman I used Beth to draw peoples attention to WWE because Beth has the looks and body of a woman and a wrestler. One look at Beth and I can't help but think "well maybe WWE does know what they're doing sometimes".
MyMuffinIsPimpin
MyMuffinIsPimpin
The Boss
The Boss

Female
Number of posts : 302
Job/hobbies : Hippie
Humor : I laugh at everything.
Registration date : 2008-10-14

https://www.youtube.com/mauricewillnotdie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down